4th Muslim Lawyers Conference, Potsdam 1st July 2001
Declaration on The State of Conflict in Macedonia
Posted: 11 Rabi-u-Thani 1422, 3 July 2001
In the Name of Allah, All-Merciful, Most Merciful
- The Muslims of Macedonia have been subjected to a consistent abuse of their position in
- The Muslims of Macedonia consist of Albanians, Turks, Pomaks, Bosnians and Gypsies.
- The Muslims of Macedonia constitute 50% of the Macedonian society.
- The Albanians of Macedonia constitute less than 30% of Macedonian society.
- The Muslims of Macedonia have been erroneously identified as an ethnic minority of
- The attacks against the culture, heritage and religious unity of the Muslims have been
directed at all the Muslims not just the Albanians.
- The war being initiated by the Government of Macedonia is not an ethnic issue, it is a
clear attack against the Muslims and therefore against 50% of the society.
- The Muslims of Macedonia seek neither the breakup of, nor secession from the republic of
- The current development of the impending war is a replica of the procedure used in
Bosnia and Kosovo.
- It will result not only in the extension of NATO & EU occupation of the Balkans and
the breakup of the Muslim integrity of the area, but also in the loss of independence of
the Republic of Macedonia.
- NATO instruments and forces are being used to occupy the lands surrounding the future
oil pipeline from Bulgaria through Macedonia to Albania.
- No Muslim dominance will be tolerated in this area.
The Muslim Position
- The Muslim Lawyers Association of Europe view with extreme gravity the buildup of a
further genocidal campaign against the Muslims of the Balkans under the disguise of
nation-state and ethnicity.
- We strongly condemn, and urge resistance to, a third round of NATO control in the area.
- We do not accept the "ethnic Albanian" labeling of the Muslims of the Balkans.
- We call for the support of all the Muslims of the World to help the Muslims of the
Balkans and Macedonia in this situation.
- We call for the banner of Islam to be raised high in the affair, and the truth to be
- We urge both parties in the impending Macedonian conflict to draw back from war and
resolve their problems through negotiations, and thereby to bring about peace.
Potsdam 1st July 2001