My Father Joined a Hadith Rejecter Group

By Mufti Shafiq Jakhura (Darul Ihsan Centre)
Posted: 4 Jamad-u-Thani 1430, 29 May 2009

Q.Please guide me about my relations with father as he has joined the Pervezi sect (a group which claims to be Muslim yet rejects the authority of Hadith) . We have heard from someone that a person who belongs to them becomes a non muslim.

A. The fact that your father has joined this group is indeed cause of great concern. You and the immediate family should strive to guide your father and explain to him the harms of being associated with this group. Perhaps some elderly, respected Ulama of the community could help by speaking to your father with wisdom and kind words, thereby showing him the path and giving him guidance towards taubah. May Allah assist all of you and guide us all towards the truth. Aameen.
The entire family should engage in excessive dua for his guidance. Further, you should all recite the following dua and ask him also to recite the following dua in abundance:

رَبَّنَا لاَ تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْوَهَّابُ

Further, you should consult your local ulama with regards to the status of the marriage of your father after they have ascertained his beliefs.

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best